REGULATION OF THE AUCTION
CONTEMPORARY ART AUCTION
BATOR TABOR FOUNDATION POLAND
20 NOVEMBER 2019
- The auction covered by this Regulation is an auction held on November 20, 2019, during the Gala in the building of Zachęta – the National Gallery of Art, at plac Małachowskiego 3 in Warsaw.
- The Auction has charitable purpose, which means that the revenues from the auction shall be used in part to support recreation therapy for children suffering from cancer.
- The auction shall be carried out by the Auctioneer representing the Desa Unicum S.A.
- Each auctioned item has a starting price provided in the catalog.
- No other additional charges shall be added for the Buyers to the hammer price of each object.
- No deposit shall be required from the Participants before the auction. Participation in the auction is voluntary.
- Participation in the auction shall be through presence of a bidding person during the auction or by telephone via a staff member of the Desa Unicum Auction House. Participants who wish to bid by phone, should notify their requests at least one day before the auction. A member of the Desa Unicum Auction House staff shall contact the client by phone before the bidding of the selected items starts. The Auction House shall not be liable for a client’s inability to participate in the bidding by telephone, in case of problems with connectivity to the telephone number provided by the client.
- The notification of purchase price offer for an auctioned item shall be done by confirming the amount announced by the Auctioneer by raising the paddle with an auction number, or by the bidder’s hand or a member of the Auction House staff bidding on behalf of the client.
- The termination of a bidding shall take place at the moment, when the Auctioneer brings down his hammer and it is tantamount to concluding the transaction with a bidder who offered the highest price.
- In the event of any disputes during the auction, the Auctioneer shall resolve the dispute or put up the item for auction again.
- In order to participate in the auction the Participant shall register and accept this Regulation.
- Bidding paddles with auction numbers are necessary to authorize participation in the auction. They will be available at the registration desk after completing the form of participation in the auction. A member of the Auction House staff performing the registration shall have the right to ask a registering person to proof their identity (identity card, passport, driving license). Immediately after the Auction, the paddle with the Auction number shall be returned and in the case of a purchase, confirmation of the transaction(s) shall be collected. Personal data of a bidder shall remain the sole property of the Desa Unicum Auction House and the Bator Tabor Poland Foundation.
- Each bidder may, on a voluntary basis, agree to reveal their names or surnames to other Auction participants after the end of the Auction.
- The buyer is obliged to complete purchase any item within 7 days after the Auction. The Auction House accepts cash payments in Polish currency, credit cards and transfers to their bank account number Swift: PKOP PL PW 27 1240 6292 1111 0010 6772 6449 held at the PKO S.A. bank.
- Ownership of the purchased item shall be passed to the Purchaser upon full payment of the hammer price to the bank account or by other means indicated above.
- On request of the VAT payers, the Auction House will issue a VAT-margin invoice for purchased items.